Sunday, September 9, 2007

Over a week into it!



It is hard to believe that less than two weeks ago I was still in the US. Australia is absolutely beautiful! After about 24 hours of traveling me and the rest of the Students who are going to Bond went to our hotel in Canirs. While in Canirs we went snorkeling on the great barrier reef. We took a 2 hour sailboat ride which was VERY choppy (As they say in Florida it was more than a moderate chop! haha) This is a picture of the port we left from! Here we had a chance to scuba dive or snorkel. I really wanted to go scuba diving but because of my asthma I couldn't :( but snorkeling was just as cool. We went to two locations on the reef. One which was on a protected island island that it would be a $6,000 fine if you stepped over this rope, it was very interesting how far they have to go to preserve the Australian environment. One of the coolest things that i saw while on the reef was the sea turtles, they were not that big but they were so amazing! The next part of the reef that we went to was called paradise reef and there was a reason for the name. This reef was a little deeper but it was much more diverse . I thought I was in the movie finding nemo! It was so beautiful! The next day we went to the rain forest. I got to hold a koala bear (they are so cute) and see a 10 foot crocodile named jack the ripper. This thing was cool! The group also pet kangaroos and saw an Aboriginal dance, which was very fun and of course I got volunteered to go up on stage and try to dance like them....it was very funny to say the least. It was hard to believe that are trip in Canirs was over and we were going to our University! We hopped on a plane to Brisbane to start our Journey to Bond University. The traffic was very bad in Brisbane so it took us a very long time to get there, also the anticipation made the trip seem that much longer. When we showed up to our university it was dark, cold and rainy....but even with all of that we could still see how AMAZING Bonds campus was. There are fountains and lakes every where. The main part of campus has 2 large arches which are lit by huge spot lights. I will be posting pictures of my campus and my trip from Carins soon! Since I have been here I have really gotten use to the college like with out a car. The bus system here is very messed up! haha but we soon figured it out. Shopping is not as easy if you don't have a car. A lot of kids that are here at Bond are VERY well off. Some kid are even talking about getting cars! That would be nice...want to spring for one mom and dad? haha JK. My friend and I walked to the beach on Saturday and it was about a 45min walk which I don't think is bad because then maybe I will actually get my work done instead of being a beach bum! The waves are SO huge...it is crazy. The surfers are every where and I am defiantly in heaven! haha Surfers are very cute! Yesterday was my first day of classes and they went great! My professor is (which I have for two classes) is from New York so she is easy to understand and she even uses a lot of US resources for her class. Sorry this was such a long blog post but I will be updating it more so they will be shorter in the future! I miss everyone so much! xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home